The City of Arts and Sciences
The City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia is an entertainment complex devoted to scientific and cultural information, designed by architect Santiago Calatrava.
It is located at the end of the old Turia River bed and is comprised of six buildings:
- The Hemisfèric, IMAX cinema and 3D digital projections.
- The Príncipe Felipe Science Museum, innovative interactive science centre shaped like the skeleton of a dinosaur.
- The Umbracle, outdoor esplanade with native species of Valencia.
- The Oceanogràfic, the largest aquarium in Europe of 110,000 square metres, 42 million litres of water, and more than 500 marine species and forms of water lily.
- The Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía, dedicated to music and performing arts.
- The Agora, a covered plaza for concerts and sporting events.
This complex is a must if you plan to come to Valencia. From Quart Youth Hostel we can guide you on how to plan your visit to get the maximum benefit.